The Lions Nurses' Scholarship Information
All nurses who meet the criteria below are eligible to apply for scholarships awarded by the Lions Nurses' Scholarship Foundation.
1. Must be registered or enrolled with either the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or the regulatory authority of the ACT.
2. Have a minimum of three years experience in the nursing profession since initial registration and prior to making application, the last 12 months of which must have been spent in employment in NSW or the ACT.
3. Must be able to provide evidence that your employer will grant leave for the required period of the scholarship.
Lions Nurses' Scholarships are available under the following categories:
- Category A. Scholarships for a study tour or conference, either in Australia or overseas, not necessarily leading to an award or an additional formal qualification.
- Category B. Scholarships for extended study leading to the award of a formal qualification at a recognised tertiary institution in Australia or overseas.
Completed applications must be sent to:
The Honorary Secretary, Lions Nurses' Scholarship Foundation, 50 O'Dea Avenue, Waterloo, NSW 2017
Applicants are to send their applications by COB no later than 30 November each year.
Please note applications are for the following academic year, eg. applications made in 2012 will be for the year 2013.
You can download a copy of the application form below.
For details on the types of scholarships available, application procedures and other relevant information, contact:
Ms Glen Ginty, Scholarship Co-ordinator: email@example.com
Telephone: (freecall) 1300 367 962 or (02) 8595 1234
Downloadable filesLions application (884kb)
Lions info (1515kb)
If you're a nurse or midwife in NSW, then this is your union.
Nurses and midwives must have a strong, active & relevant union to ensure ongoing improvements in their working lives.